In February 2005, St. Mary’s moved to a new 88,000-square-foot building in suburban Norfolk that was designed especially for the needs of our children and young adults, their families and our staff. This state-of-the art building is one of a few of its kind nationwide designed and built exclusively for providing quality care in a home-like environment for children and young adults with severe disabilities.
Our children and young adults benefit from a comfortable, home-like environment where we keep treatment areas separate from sleeping areas.
- Four residential “neighborhoods,” each with a nurses’ station and six four-person bedrooms
- Four interior courtyards, including one with a playground with adaptive play equipment and one with a hydrotherapy pool and fountain
- Two private family visitation rooms
- Physicians’ offices, dentist office and barber and beauty shop
- Spacious hallways to accommodate the children’s wheelchairs
- Eight educational classrooms
- Rooms and hallways with large windows and skylights
- Modern environmental control systems
To schedule a tour, please contact Christine Parker, MSW, director of social work, at (757) 622-2208 ext. 321 or (800) 237-6555, or firstname.lastname@example.org.